Since transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, I enjoy cooking more at home. I find that the food seems a bit fresher and I rarely have upset stomach. That's always a plus. If you give this recipe a try, let me know in the comments below. I look forward to reading about your experience.
In the following video, I share a quick vlog of my cooking process. The recipe has been written out below as well.
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
3 Green Peppers, chop remaining tops for stuffing
1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Green Onions
2 Cloves Garlic
1 bunch of chard
1 pkg Yves Vegan Veggie Ground
1/2 C Pasta Sauce
1 C Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds (sit aside a portion for tops of green peppers)
Herbs and Spices, for seasoning
1. Cut tops off peppers and remove all seeds. Then you can bake them a bit with
a little water in a pan, covered, for 10 mins in the oven. Then sit to the side.
PREPARE YOUR STUFFING
1. Boil your rice and sit to the side.
2. In a saucepan, add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, green onions, chopped tops from the green
peppers, and seasonings. Let soften and brown a bit.
3. Then add chard to the saucepan and let heat up with the other vegetables.
4. Add the Yves Veggie Cuisine, Vegan Veggie Ground, to the saucepan. Let it heat up with other
5. Add pasta sauce to the saucepan and stir.
6. Add the daiya Cheddar Style Shreds to the saucepan and stir.
7. Let the stuffing mixture cool for 5 minutes before adding to the green peppers.
Bake at 375 and cover with a lid for aluminum foil for 20 - 30 mins, depending