Here's a video showing you how it's done. The cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg can be adjusted to your preference, when cooking the apples. It all depends on how sweet you want your apples. Just make sure to cook the apples until they are tender.
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Pies
Ingredients You Will Need:
1/2 C Brown Sugar (may use more...)
1 heaping TBSP Cinnamon
1 TBSP Nutmeg
2 TBSP Smart Balance, dairy-free butter
1 C Raisins
4 Braeburn Apples
Pie Shells or Empanadas
1 1/2 C Krusteaz Pie Crust Mix
1. Chop 4 Braeburn Apples (choose your favorite) into squares, removing all seeds.
2. Add the butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon to cover the apples. Mix all ingredients together and let the apples cook until tender. FYI: You may use more cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
3. Once apples are tender, sit to the side and let cool.
4. Then prepare your Pie Shells or Empanada dough as instructed on the back of the Krusteaz Pie Crust Mix box. Add a little cold water at a time until you begin to see a dough forming, then stop.
5. Place the dough on a floured table and begin to roll it out to about 1/8 inches thick and the make your circles for the filling.
6. Add the filling to each round. Fold each round over to a half circle and seal down with a fork. You can also fold the dough edges over and pinch the edges to seal in the filling.
7. Bake in 350 degree oven. 35-40 mins or until dough is cooked and brown.
Makes 4 servings.