In the video below, you will see the recipe and ingredients I used to prepare my pumpkin pie.
1 1/2 cup Pumpkin
1/2 cup Zulka Pure Cane Sugar (white)
1/2 cup Zulka Pure Cane Brown Sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup of Water (I used spring water)
1 Pie Crust (I used Phillsbury Pie Crust)
--->Preheat Oven to 400 degrees to cook pumpkin
1. Bake your pumpkin for 1 hour in a 400 degree oven. Remove all of the seeds and cut into quarters, placing them in a baking dish, covered with aluminum foil. After baking the pumpkin, separate the cooked, soft, meat of the pumpkin from its skin, and place into a bowl to refrigerate until cool. (Approximately, 1 hour)
For Pie Crust. If you are using Philsbury pie crust, let it sit out for 15 minutes before unrolling and placing it into your pie plate. No oil or flour was used on my non-stick pie plate, but that will depend on the pie plate you use.
--->Preheat Oven to 375 degrees to bake pumpkin pie
2. In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, pure cane sugar (white) and pure cane brown sugar; add the pinch of salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix just until smooth and well blended. Add the eggs and mix into other ingredients. Do not over mix.
3. Lastly, add the evaporated milk and water. Mix one more time until smooth and well blended.
4. Pour half of pumpkin pie mixture in the pie shell, then add the rest in the pie shell once you have sit it on the rack and pushed it in the oven. They pumpkin mixture will set evenly.
5. Bake for 1 hour and test with a toothpick to ensure that it has cooked thoroughly.
Cool and Serve.
Serves about 8, depending on how you cut your slices.